Over the next few weeks I am delighted to share my special tips and tricks with parents and teachers, to help make learning at home the best it can possibly be.
Here are some brilliant Technology ideas for online learning:
- For computational and design thinking lesson plans and units
- For coding lessons and activities for all ages
- Make a budget of money into the house and expenses needed to fit within the budget.
- Create a special card for an elderly relative or friend.
- Prepare a menu for the week and locate recipes to use.
- Compile a shopping list for the menu using catalogues and add up the amount needed, making sure that this is within the budget.
- Read books together and talk about them, discuss your favourite character.
- Create a pie graph showing time allocated to events in the day.
- Help to tidy and clean the house, learn the correct way to make a bed and clean the kitchen and bathroom.
- Sort, count and classify items in the pantry.
- Sort, classify and count using lego.
- Look after the garden and learn how to care for indoor and outdoor plants.
- Make a list of ways to keep safe at home.
- Play learning games with caregivers and siblings – games like Monopoly teach financial literacy skills and other games encourage higher order thinking skills.
- Go on a nature walk to identify plants, trees flowers and find interesting objects to bring home and study.
Teachers might also like Digital Fluency – Let’s Get Coding, which shows how to use coding to present and share learning or to power a device for learning in curriculum areas such as literacy, maths, social sciences and science.
Visit our website for even more brilliant Learning at home resources.