Curated by Radio NZ, the books are read by well-known New Zealanders. Listen and write a book review or a report about a favourite character, draw a favourite part of the story or write a different ending to the story.
There are many ways parents can help children learn at home besides online learning. Here are some more ideas:
- Use playdough to create animals in a zoo, design a zoo and say why the animals are in the best environment for them.
- Learn a new skill like crochet or knitting.
- Create an obstacle course inside or out and invite family to test it.
- Learn to bake biscuits, add a new ingredient to change the basic recipe.
- Design a board game for teaching a maths concept and test it out on family.
- Make a city using Lego and write about how it works for people.
- Find interesting ideas for learning at home on Pinterest boards.